With these few tips, you can turn a bland veggie soup into something hearty and tasty. Here are some basics that will help get your veggie beef soup off to a good start.
- Start with sauteing chopped onion and minced garlic with butter in the bottom of the soup pot. This will add a punch of flavor!
- Or you can cook onion and garlic with hamburger in a skillet to add to the soup later.
- You can use sausage for an even richer, fuller flavor. A mixture of spicy sausage and hamburger make veggie beef soup spectacular!
- Use chicken, beef or vegetable broth for the soup base instead of water.
- Add V-8 juice. Adding a bit of V-8 juice gives veggie beef soup a rich hearty flavor.
- Add a splash of red wine. Gourmet cooks use wine in cooking because it adds flavor and complexity. Veggie beef soup is the perfect dish for a splash of red wine!
- Add your uncooked harder vegetables first. Chopped potatoes and carrots first, frozen corn, peas and green beans next, chopped spinach and chopped cabbage next.
- Frozen vegetables rather than canned vegetables make a better tasting soup.
- Herbs and spices to use with Veggie Beef Soup: thyme, basil, bay leaf, salt, pepper
You can take any veggie beef soup recipe and alter it and doctor it up using these tips. Veggie beef soup is a perfect home cooked meal on a cold winter night. Serve with Foccocia bread or cornbread.
Click the picture for the link to Taste Of Home. They have a lot of home cooking recipes that are sure to please!